Arranging a School Visit
1. I can do either a one-off school visit or a series of linked sessions. Please email to determine if I am available on your chosen date(s). It also helps to give a choice of days.
2. It's helpful to give a brief outline of the kind of session you'd like from me: a general 'Author Visit', more formal creative writing session(s), a mixture? Will I be meeting children across the ability range, or just Gifted & Talented? How many, and from which year group? Would you like me to discuss my writing in general, or Doctor Who, or any other aspect? Would you like me to do some structured writing exercises with the children, or would they prefer a reading plus a Q&A format? And so on.
3. If I'm able to make one of the suggested dates, we can discuss a detailed timetable for activities, plus my fee. I will write to confirm all the details we have discussed.
4. It's useful for me to know at least a couple of months ahead where I am going to be. However, if you want a booking at short notice, there's no harm in asking!
5. Fees: I charge fees comparable with those charged by other members of the Society of Authors, plus expenses - usually just travel, and accommodation if needed. I will know at the discussion stage if I will need overnight accommodation. (Generally, I will if the school is outside Yorkshire or Derbyshire, but please discuss with me.)
6. NB: I have a full, up-to-date CRB disclosure and Public Liability Insurance. I am also registered on Contact An Author and Start The Story. You may also want to look at my entry on Author Hotline.